One of the projects I started working on during the storms was a patchwork quilt. I selected a lot of small remnants from DeBois and worked on learning to use my sewing machine by putting different patterns and colours together in not-so-neat rows. Once I decided I’d had enough, I put the rows together to make a top and then by a nightmare process of trial and error, I added pink blanket binding and a backing of a charcoal gray fleece. The blanket measures about 60 by 80 inches and was very unwieldy to manage as I sewed it all together!I think that I will secure the back on to the front by sewing on some buttons on the fleece side.
I can’t decide whether it will be my blanket or Connor’s.