February 2, 2010

Congratulations to Milkshake!

I couldn’t let any more time go by without saying a sincere congratulations to my friends in the band Milkshake. milkshake music They were nominated for a Grammy Award for children’s music and went to LA this weekend for the ceremony. Unfortunately, Ziggy Marley won the Grammy, but I am so proud of Lisa and Mikel for their nomination. I’ve known them for years and this nomination is just a validation of what we’ve known for ages – they are great!Lisa MatthewsIf you have young children, both they and you will love Milkshake! They’re fun and poppy, and Lisa rocks a mean tutu!Lisa Matthews Tutu Much!Congratulations Milkshake!

6 comments:

  1. Meg, wow that is so cool!! What a great group!
    Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for them, and you! Congratulations on their nomination, that's quite an honor!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I remember going to Fletcher's or some other hole in the wall in Fell's Point to see them when they were Love Riot. I still even have the cd's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes. Love Riot. Fletchers. Both things of the past but still fondly remembered. It's fun to look back on the journey and see how things evolve, isn't it? Thx for the shout out, Meg. xo, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Dixon was really little, Milkshake had a video that ran on Noggin, the kids' channel, a lot. He loved it, so I looked them up and realized I'd seen them at a bar (the Batemans in Severna Park of all places) back when I was younger and crazier.

    They're great - so glad to hear that they were nominated - and yes, she does rock a mean tutu.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.