October 15, 2009

Maharaja: Splendour of India’s Royal Courts @ The V&A

I can’t tell you how much I wish I was in London to see this exhibition! I’ve always loved Indian jewelry and textiles, and had the chance to see some last month in New York.V&A2I’ve been getting e-mails the past few weeks from the Victoria & Albert Museum announcing their new exhibition, Marahaja: Splendour of India’s Royal Courts, which looks like it is going to be amazing. The exhibit is open until January 10, 2010. V&A 1Many of the 250 pieces are on loan to the V&A from India’s royal courts and this is the first time they’ve ever been lent. V&A7 The pieces date from the 18th through the 20th century. V&A4If you have some time, take a look at the V&A’s micro-site specially created for the Maharaja exhibition. V&A3 It’s very informative, and filled with beautiful images.

5 comments:

  1. Meg. I do to-both would love to see this and get the great emails about what is going on-they are loaded down with wonderful events-this is when I would love to live in a big city (esp London) G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would definitely be a must see - if I were in London that is. Another reason to be living there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nominated you for a Kreative Blogger award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little elephant is SOOOOOOOOO devine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stuffed elephant is fabulous! Wish I had a baby so I had a crib to put it in...XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.