May 16, 2009

I'll Take This...Manor House

The Battle of Evesham was fought in 1265 in the grounds of this manor, and a tower and obelisk were built to commemorate Simon de Montfort, Earl of Leicester, who was killed in the fighting. Today it is a quieter spot presided over by a Gothic manor, now divided into three homes. This enormous portion includes a beamed and vaulted drawing room, an orangery with views to the Cotswolds and Malverns, three bedrooms and a loggia, all set in 30 acres of parkland. Cost: £695,000.

From: The Guardian's Snooping Around section.

7 comments:

  1. I'll just take a small corner in the tower please ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry my dear, I already bought it. actually seems kind of cheap for what it is - doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd just like to have periodic access to the roof of the tower. Imagine the fun we'd have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that really does seem inexpensive- i would get you a 2 bedroom fixer upper here (in a nice neighborhood, of course)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fascinating place to live! How great to live in such a historical site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And all I can think of is the heating bill.....seriously though it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.