Some of the places on my list to see are:
- VV Rouleaux - a ribbons and trimmings shop on Sloane Square, where you can find more than a rainbow of ribbons, passementerie of every variety you can think of and many you can't imagine. I've written about them before, and can't wait to get back there!
- Bennison Fabrics - I know that Joni of Cote de Texas loves this fabric house and I am looking forward to going to their shop on Holbein Street in Chelsea.
- Nina Campbell - I was lucky enough to play hostess to her for an antiques show and lecture a few years ago at a charity where I worked. I met with her staff in London to make the arrangements and spent a lot of time in her shop on Walton Street. This is one of her wallpapers.
- Liberty of London - I've been going there for years, and have been lucky enough to be there for their summer sale. I love everything about this iconic store from the basement level coffee shop to the different buildings that all interconnect like some sort of puzzle. They have the most amazing Christmas decorations, too!
- General Trading Company - This was where Princess Diana registered for her wedding and it's right off Sloane Square where I would stay when on business. Unfortunately, they went into receivership in August, so I don't know their status, but will stop by and see.
Next time, I will talk about some of the places I like to hunt for antiques.