October 1, 2007

{Pink Post}

Today, a group of blogging buddies have made the commitment to post about PINK to raise awareness for breast cancer. Pink is such a versatile colour and comes in such great shades, from the chalky Pepto pink, to a whisper of a baby pink. Pinks with more orange and yellow in them are coral and salmon hues, while ones with more blue tend towards hot pink. One of my favourite quotes comes from Diana Vreeland who said "Pink is the navy blue of India".
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Remember to think PINK!

3 comments:

  1. Fairfax - thanks so much - these are great "pinks."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great descriptions of the various shades of pink. I'm more of a salmon/coral girl these days, but those fuscia bracelets are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel wistful. I used to have a pair of pink canvas hightops. Of course, it was long ago...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.