October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween!

This is the first year in ages I haven't carved a pumpkin. My best intention was to go to the farmer's market on Sunday morning, but since I had gotten home from that Housewerks party in the wee hours, pumpkin shopping went by the wayside. When I lived in Wales, we got pumpkins for the children I lived with, but they lost interest in carving them in about 30 seconds. Since their father is an artist, his was way better than mine.
I am amazed by how competitive pumpkin carving has become, and how intricate pumpkins are carved. I will miss the wonderful smell of pumpkin seeds roasting in the oven with a tiny bit of butter and sea salt after I carve the pumpkin.
There are some great-looking pumpkins around the web. My neighbours have the "puking pumpkin" and every time I walk the dog, it just cracks me up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I have not seen that last pumpkin before! I've never gotten that creative with my pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the puking pumpkin! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.