August 16, 2007

Scott Hill

I was looking at the New York Times this morning and fell in LOVE! There are some wonderful photos of pieces of furniture by Scott Hill, who is described as "singer-songwriter, painter, set decorator and owner of two stores in upstate New York". He's also the former director of creative resourcing and design at Ralph Lauren. But there's not a damn thing about him to be found on Google.
His furniture is so creative - the fabrics combine pictures and writing. The textiles include toiles and mattress ticking silk-screened with iconic images of Marilyn Monroe and another Baltimore fave, Edgar Allen Poe. I've done a couple of designs with old Edgar and they're always just a bit creepy, but cool. And I adore the tone on tone writing on the sofa. This stuff is just brilliant! I just wish I knew a little more about Scott Hill...
Images: New York Times

2 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.