August 26, 2007

Black and White, Again

As a treat, I bought an issue of the British Homes & Gardens magazine today. The cover story was about France and all things French. I was looking at their website later on, and they have a wonderful gallery of images. I found myself being drawn to the black and white rooms, which, while I love them, I know I could never do that look. There's just something so sophisticated yet simple about black and white, with maybe just a pop of another colour. Here are some images from BH&G. Let me know what you think.
I love the different patterns, but all in b&w.

The curtain headers in this dining room really accent the window height.

The Roman shades in this one are great!

Although there isn't any black here, I love the mirror and the green!

7 comments:

  1. I love the formal, but messy look of the top image. It seems like such a comfortable place to hang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love that top image- nothing stark about that room. Some of the other images are a bit too white for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty - just don't think I could or would do it. Certainly could not live it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you tbank you for posting this!!My husband is building me a studio and I decided on white and this is such an inspiration!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i much prefer the white with green... it's so warm & inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think that I would be attracted to just white and black together alone, but this really works. It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never go wrong with Black & White!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.