May 11, 2007

World Market

Yesterday, my pal, Miss MA, her darling new Chinese daughter and I took a road trip. It was a short one, as we had a nine-month old with us, but it did involve the Capital Beltway. I've always heard about the World Market, usually on one of those HGTV design shows, when the designer comes up with some fun accessory from there. Miss MA is going to do her house in a British Colonial theme, so we thought that WM would be a good place to find rattan and grass baskets, bamboo accessories and more.
The World Market is like a version of Pier One, but without the furniture selection. There were copious amounts of things for the kitchen, including tons of china and glassware. They also have a large food selection, which thrilled me no end as I raced around getting huge bottles of Ty Nant water, Girabaldi biscuits, and some sweeties. Miss MA and I took notes and photos of some things she's interested in for her new house, including this fun rug below.
There were lots and lots of little piggies around the WM, so I liked that a lot, although I managed to resist buying any. It could get very cliched quickly!

World Market has more than 290 locations around the US, and many of them sell beers and wines along with the fun imports.

2 comments:

  1. I love World Market, esp. their kitchenware section and the food section. It's so much fun to visit. I like that rug too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love World Market too. I featured them as my Thursday Resource a couple of weeks ago. The place is filled with all sorts of treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.