May 21, 2007

Photoshop & Wedgwood

One of my guests this weekend was a professional photographer. She spent the night and yesterday morning, we spent some time working on Photoshop tips. She knows how to manipulate photographs for maximum effect and I know how to do graphics and create collages. So we both picked up lots of tips from each other. Photoshop is expensive to purchase, but there are a lot of online resources that you can work with, including a new fave, Photojojo, and Rasterbator.

One of the photos we talked about for its composition and its content was this one. It looks like a contemporary bowl, but in reality, it is from the 1800's and was used for dairy products. The photograph looks like a 18th century Dutch still life with the contrasts of light and dark, as well as the clear lighting.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could have someone teach me (for free) how to take still-life photos like that one. I really like that photograph, and the contrast between the chunky apples and smooth white bowl, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'm hopeless, can combine a few photos but that's about it, and it slows down my computer to zero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting bowl. I love the Old Master Dutch paintings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.