February 1, 2007

Spot On, Target!

You've got to hand it to Target. They are spot on with their design sensibility, figuring out how to bring good design to the masses at great prices. They've got some of the top designers working with them, including Victoria Hagen, Michael Graves and Isaac Mizrahi. At Christmas, they had some very exciting decorations by Dutch designer, Tord Boontje. While most people couldn't afford a bespoke design from any of these, Target has made their creativity available at a very reasonable price.
Once a year, Target features a Global Market, with accessories, lighting and furniture from 23 countries. They have some really fun things this year. One complaint is that you can only shop on their website by genre - seating, pillows, frames, etc. - or by colour, but not by country. I'd like to see all of the products from Italy, or from Africa, for example.
I do love their Victoria Hagen line. I've been following her for ages, and she's just got such a classic look. She's got some faux shagreen side tables (above) that would make a great statement, a large clock that has equestrian echoes and a fun starburst mirror.

3 comments:

  1. I just love Target's furniture. It actually looks good! Top that, Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also have great commercials. Almost everything I watch these days has been recorded and I fast forward through the commercials but Target commercials I actually stop and watch. They're clever and witty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. any changes coming ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.