January 30, 2007

Tea Pigs



Tea is the new coffee, with all of its anti-oxidant properties and new varieties. Exotic tea shops are springing up everywhere, and even Lipton, which always just had straight black tea, has new green and white teas, as well as whole leaf teas in pyramid-shaped tea bags so the whole leaf can bloom when dunked in hot water.

Darjeeling Earl Grey

I got my Daily Candy in my e-mail this morning and since we're coming to you live from Pigtown, I had to share their feature on Tea Pigs! This is a specialty tea purveyor, and even though they're in London, they do have an e-commerce site. Some of the flavours sound incredible: chocolate flake tea, popcorn tea and a stunning-looking darjeeling Earl Grey tea.

Chili Tea

One item that caught my eye was the chili tea. I can just imagine it on a cold winter day, after a brisk walk in the snow... Brewing a cup of chili tea, with perhaps a bit of honey to warm you from the inside out! Yum.

2 comments:

  1. I have to try this tea, either by mail order or the next time I visit London. Chili tea - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounded original but apparently they're owned by Tetley! i couldn't believe it but when I googled teapigs tetley it did come up! That put me off. I thought they were genuinely different and that they meant it when they had a go at other companies that sell tea dust (sold by tetley by the way).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.